Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Tony

• Administrator
  • You are not Alone!
    • View Profile
    • Toronto Maple Leafs Discussion Forum
Hello
« on: September 29, 2012, 11:29:44 PM »
My name is Tony. I decided to start this forum to have a discussion platform for anyone who is fighting cancer, and also for their family, friends and loved ones.

A very quick bio about myself and my wile Linda:

I am 63 years old and never really had a sick day in my life, oh there's been a few bumps in the road physically but nothing to write home about until the big "C" came into my life. I was diagnosed with kidney cancer back in August of 2011 and on December 18th. of that year I had my both kidney and a fairly large cyst (21 cm. by 18.cm by 8cm.) removed at North York General by Dr. Flax, who did a fantastic job on me (removed that small sized football by Laparoscopic Surgery) so I really can't say enough good about him. I'm still here and dealing with my cancer every day.

In August of 2012 my wife was also diagnosed with cancer of the breast. That was a real shocker as she was the epitome of health. She has had her surgery and her first chemo treatment on Sept 19 of 2012. She will need 5 more chemo treatment and then the radiations starts for 5 weeks. She has worked all her life so the transition of not going into the office was a difficult one for her, but as I expected she is handling it like an American Navy Seal.

I will expand this bio as I develop this forum.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:37:00 AM by Tony »

"Pressure? This isn't Pressure... Pressure is dealing with Cancer" - Ron Wilson

When the game is over the pawn and the king go back in the same box. - Leo Tolstoy